DEPARTMENT ON ORGANIZATION AND ANALYTICAL SUPPORT OF ACTIVITY OF JUDICIAL BODIES
Head of the Department - Larisa Arkadyevna Melguy
(tel. +375-17 200-98-97)
The main objectives of the Department are:
- to provide organizational support for the activities of regional, Minsk city, Belarus military, district (city) and inter-garrison military courts of the Republic of Belarus, to improve and increase the quality of this activity, to provide all possible assistance to the administration of justice in strict accordance with the principle of independence of judges and their subordination to the law only;
- to develop and implement activities aimed at improving the activity of the Department of Justice of regional and Minsk city executive committees for organizational support of the courts;
- to organize the maintenance of judicial statistics and its analyses;
- to oversee the organization of the activities of the State enterprise "Center of judicial expertise and criminalistics of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus", to oversee the timing of fulfillment of expertise and examining of applications of citizens.
The Department fulfills the following functions:
- examines organization of work of district (city), inter-garrison military, regional, Minsk city and Belarusian military courts concerning administration of justice, observance of the timing of cases. Takes steps for its improvement, compiles and extends positive experience of their work;
- develops instructions, regulations, manuals for the organization of operation of district (city), inter-garrison military, regional and Minsk city and Belarusian military courts, as well as recommendations on issues of court operation addressed to regional and Minsk city departments of justice executive committee, checks their performance;
- prepares proposals on the application of law for submission to the Plenum of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus, gives its opinion on draft decisions of the Plenum of the Supreme Court;
- maintains statistical reports, provides for the collection and processing of statistical data, development of statistical reporting forms and documents primary records of the operation of courts and departments of justice and the preparation of reviews of court statistics. Inspects the work of departments of justice of regional and Minsk city executive committees, district (city) inter-garrison military, regional and Minsk city and Belarusian military courts in the field of accounting and statistics, provides them with necessary assistance in organization of this work;
- supplies the courts with legal literature necessary for the organization of the administration of justice;
- reviews within the competence of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus the applications and complaints of citizens relating to the activities of district (city) inter-garrison, regional and Minsk city, Belarus military courts and offices of Justice of the regional executive committees and Minsk City Executive Committee received by the Department, controls the state of this work in the courts and offices Justice;
- basing on the results of examination of citizens’ applications and the study of administration of justice by courts prepares documents for initiation of disciplinary proceedings against judges of district (city), inter-garrison military, regional, Minsk city and Belarusian military courts, forwards to departments of Justice proposals for prosecution of judges of district (city) courts and employees of the departments of justice.
In cooperation with the Department on Personnel and Ideology and the Department on Financial, Economic Activity and Accounting develops proposals for the organization of district (city), inter-garrison military, regional, Minsk city, Belarus military courts (dislocation, structure, staffing).
In cooperation with the Department on Personnel:
- participates in the selection of candidates for appointment as judges of district (city), inter-garrison military, regional, Minsk city and Belarusian military courts;
- takes measures for improvement of educational process, programs and curriculum for court personnel;
- organizes seminars, workshops and other forms of training for judges, assistants of court presidents and personnel of departments of justice;
- directs and supervises the work of departments of justice of regional and Minsk city executive committees, district (city) inter-garrison military, regional, Minsk and Belarusian military courts on selection and training of the court personnel;
- participates in preparation and holding of conferences and congresses of judges, supports the work of the Judicial Qualifications Board on selection of candidates for judges, certification of judges, their recall and disciplinary liability.